Are you a prekindergarten to second grade teacher who integrates movement with learning in your classroom? Would you like to share these movement-rich ideas with other teachers? ActivEd and Walkabouts would like to publish your Real-World Walkabouts—lessons that activate learning with movement—on our blog!
Write your Real-World Walkabouts using template below. Your ideas should use Walkabouts as a springboard and should integrate movement with language arts, literacy, math, science, or social studies content.
Submit your completed ideas no later than March 31, 2019.
If your idea is selected, we’ll publish it on our blog. With your permission, we’ll spotlight you and your school on Facebook and Twitter, and you will also receive a $50 digital Amazon gift card.
Look for one (or more!) Real-World Walkabout each month beginning in April 2019.
Here are past Real-World Walkabout examples to serve as inspiration:
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at http://info.activedinc.com/rww-february-2019 ("Campaign URL") and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of ActivEd, Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on January 11, 2019 at 12:00AM Eastern and ending March 31, 2019 at 5:00 PM Eastern.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at the Campaign URL. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible for publication. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of ActivEd, Inc.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive $50 digital Amazon gift cards. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by ActivEd, Inc. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at ActivEd, Inc.’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for ActivEd, Inc. to use Winner’s name, likeness, and publish Winner’s entry for purposes of content delivery, advertising, and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by ActivEd, Inc. Winner will be notified by email. ActivEd, Inc. shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 60 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (ACTIVED’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that You, anyone acting on behalf of You, and your successors and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of ActivEd, Inc. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ActivEd, Inc. from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which ActivEd, Inc. may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless ActivEd, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND SOUTH CAROLINA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in South Carolina having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is ActivEd, Inc., 5000 Old Buncombe Road, Suite 27-264, Greenville, SC 29617 USA.
- Facebook: The Campaign hosted by ActivEd, Inc. is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By clicking “Submit” on this form, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.